Intellectual Property and Legal Notification
Purchasing of Microsoft Azure Services
Single User Subscription
Expiration of Learning Credits
Products are protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights laws and international treaties. Microsoft reserves all rights not expressly granted in this agreement. No rights will be granted or implied by waiver or estoppel. Rights to access or use Software on a device do not give Customer any right to implement Microsoft patents or other Microsoft intellectual property in the device itself or in any other software or devices. if
Customer may use the Product only in accordance with this agreement. Customer may not (and is not licensed to): (1) reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any Product or Fix, or attempt to do so; (2) install or use non-Microsoft software or technology in any way that would subject Microsoft’s intellectual property or technology to any other license terms; or (3) work around any technical limitations in a Product or Fix or restrictions in Product documentation. Customer may not disable, tamper with, or otherwise attempt to circumvent any billing mechanism that meters Customer’s use of the Online Services. Except as expressly permitted in this agreement or Product documentation, Customer may not distribute, sublicense, rent, lease, lend, resell or transfer and Products, in whole or in part, or use them to offer hosting services to a third party.
(i) Software. Microsoft warrants that each version of the Software will perform substantially as described in the applicable Product documentation for one year from the date Customer is first licensed for that version. If it does not, and Customer notifies Microsoft within the warranty term, then Microsoft will, at its option, (1) return the price Customer paid for the Software license or (2) repair or replace the Software. (ii) Online Services. Microsoft warrants that each Online Service will perform in accordance with the applicable SLA during Customer’s use. Customer’s remedies for breach of this warranty are in the SLA. The remedies above are Customer’s sole remedies for breach of the warranties in this section. Customer waives any breach of warranty claims not made during the warranty period. b. Exclusions. The warranties in this agreement do not apply to problems caused by accident, abuse or use inconsistent with this agreement, including failure to meet minimum system requirements. These warranties do not apply to free or trial products, Previews, Limited Offerings, or to components of Products that Customer is permitted to redistribute. c. Disclaimer. Except for the limited warranties above, Microsoft provides no warranties or conditions for Products and disclaims any other express, implied, or statutory warranties for Products, including warranties of quality, title, non-infringement, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
For each Product, each party’s maximum, aggregate liability to the other under this agreement is limited to direct damages finally awarded in an amount not to exceed the amounts Customer was required to pay for the applicable Products during the term of this agreement, subject to the following: a. Online Services. For Online Services, Microsoft’s maximum liability to Customer for any incident giving rise to a claim will not exceed the amount Customer paid for the Online Service during the 12 months before the incident; provided that in no event will Microsoft’s aggregate liability for any Online Service exceed the amount paid for that Online Service during the Subscription. b. Free Products and distributable code. For Products provided free of charge and code that Customer is authorized to redistribute to third parties without separate payment to Microsoft, Microsoft’s liability is limited to direct damages finally awarded up to US$5,000. c. Exclusions. In no event will either party be liable for loss of revenue or indirect, special, incidental, consequential, punitive, or exemplary damages, or damages for loss of use, lost profits, revenues, business interruption, or loss of business information, however caused or on any theory of liability. d. Exceptions. The limits of liability in this section apply to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, but do not apply to: (1) the parties' obligations under section 6; or (2) violation of the other's intellectual property rights.
SkillMeUp (Opsgility, LLC) will provide technical support for attendees taking hands-on labs or hosting custom lab environments.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect several types of information about visitors and/or users of our Services. We may collect this information either directly when you provide it to us or automatically as you navigate through the Websites or App.
- (a) We will collect and process your personal data when you register for a Service/create an account, subscribe to a newsletter, submit feedback, enter a contest, fill out a survey, or send us a communication. When ordering products or services on the Websites or App, you may also be asked to provide a credit card number and other payment-related information. Depending upon the activity, some of the information we ask you to provide is required to use the Services (e.g. registering an account) and some is voluntary. If you do not provide data when needed for a particular activity, you will not be able to engage in that activity.
We also collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address. We use your IP address to diagnose problems with our servers and/or software, to administer our Services, and to gather demographic information.
- (c) When you download our App and use our Services, we automatically collect information on the type of device you use and the operating system version, so we know the best version of the application to provide you. We do not ask you for, access, or track any location-based information from your mobile device at any time while downloading or using our App or Services.
- (d) When you contact us for customer support we may collect additional information to resolve your issue.
- (e) We are not a site targeted at children or those under the age of 16. If you are a school and you use an Opsgility service for children under the age of 16, or the equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, you are responsible for obtaining consent from the parents/legal guardians of each child you wish to allow to participate in using any of our Services. A child using our Services will be able to participate in certain limited activities (such as taking online educational and informational courses).
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To present content from our Services in an effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection
- If you pay for Services using a credit card, we will transmit your credit card data to the appropriate credit card company and/or credit card payment processing company
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services, when you choose to do so
- To contact you about our Services
In any other way we may describe when you provide the information or when we prompt you regarding a new use of information about you.4. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- (a) We provide and support some of our Services through contractual arrangements with service providers and other third parties. We and our service providers use your personal data to operate our Websites and to deliver Services. For example, we must release your credit card information to the card-issuing bank to confirm payment for products and services purchased on our Websites; and provide order information to third parties that help us deliver the Services.
- (c) In the event that Opsgility, LLC decides to sell all or part of its stock or assets or enter into a merger, we reserve the right to include your data, including personal data, among the assets transferred to the acquiring or surviving company.
Delete Data: You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of your personal data (e.g., if it is no longer necessary to provide Services to you).
Amend or Rectify Data: You can edit some of your personal data through your account.
You can also ask us to amend your data in certain cases, particularly if it is inaccurate.
Object to, or Limit or Restrict, Use of Data: You can ask us to stop using all or some of your personal data (e.g., if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (e.g., if your personal data is inaccurate or unlawfully held).
Right to Access and/or Take Your Data: You can ask us for a copy of your personal data and can ask for a copy of personal data you provided in machine readable form.
You may change your personal data associated with your account on your “My Account” tab.
We will only collect and process personal data about you where we have lawful bases. Lawful bases include consent (where you have given consent), contract (where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you (e.g., to deliver the Services you have requested) and “legitimate interests.” Learn more. Where we rely on your consent to process personal data, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time and where we rely on legitimate interests, you have the right to object. If you reside in the Designated Countries and have any questions about the lawful basis upon which we collect and use your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com. INFORMATION RELATED TO DATA COLLECTED THROUGH THE OPSGILITY OR SKILLMEUP SERVICE
Access by you to your account is available through a password and/or unique username selected by you. This password is encrypted. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone, that you change your password often using a combination of letters and numbers, and that you ensure you use a secure web browser. We cannot be held accountable for activity that results from your own neglect to safeguard the secrecy of your password and username. If you share a computer with anyone, you should always log out of your account after you are finished in order to prevent access to your information from subsequent users of that computer. Please notify Customer Support as soon as possible if your username or password is compromised. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal data, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Website cannot be guaranteed and we shall have no liability to you or any third party for loss, misuse, disclosure or alteration of such information; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party. In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your personal data in our control may have been compromised, we will try to notify you. To the extent you have provided us with your email address, we may notify you by email and you agree to our use of email as a means of such notification. If you prefer for us to use another method to notify you in this situation, please contact Customer Support with the alternative contact information you wish to be used.11. COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the App, the events that occur within the App, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the App was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personal data you submit within the App.13. DIRECT MARKETING
If you are in the United States:
Highland Village, TX 75077
If you are outside the United States:
Opsgility, LTD Ireland Limited Company
8 Thornhill Road, Mount Merrion, Co.
If contacting us does not resolve your complaint you have more options. Residents in Designated Countries may also have the right to contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.