IL - Architecting Azure IaaS and Hybrid Solutions
The Azure IaaS and Hybrid Architect workshop is designed to prepare the architect to design solutions with Microsoft Azure. This workshop is focused on designing solutions using Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and other technologies to enable hybrid solutions such as data center connectivity, hybrid applications, and other hybrid use cases such as business continuity with backup and high availability. Individual case studies will focus on specific real-world problems that represent common IaaS and Hybrid scenarios and practices. Students will also experience several hands-on labs to introduce them to some of the key services available.
- Duration: 3 Days
- Level: 300
Who this course is designed for
- IT Professionals and Cloud Solution Architects
- Have educated discussions on the capabilities of Azure regarding infrastructure as a service and hybrid technologies
- Understand best practices for enabling and applying governance to one or more Azure subscriptions with or without an enterprise agreement
- Select the appropriate services and features within Microsoft Azure to build a proposal or implement a proof of concept
- Understand the correct approach to migrate infrastructure from on-premises to Azure
- Decide on the correct tools and services to implement automation and configuration management within an Azure environment
- Design a cloud based management, automation, and monitoring solution for servers on-premises or in the cloud
- Suggested to have core understanding of cloud technologies
- Background in virtualization, identity and enterprise technologies
MODULE 1: Architecting Azure Infrastructure as a Service
In this module students will learn how to design solutions using Azure Infrastructure as a Service Components. This module will focus on core capabilities, use cases, and general best practices.
MODULE 2: Architecting Azure Hybrid Identity
In this module the student will learn the core capabilities and use cases of Azure Active Directory (AD). This module will emphasize strategies and techniques for integrating on-premises Active Directory with an Azure AD environment.
MODULE 3: Architecting Azure Governance
In this module the student will learn how to use features and capabilities within Azure to architect solutions to apply governance at scale with Microsoft Azure. This will include architecting the Azure EA portal for delegated access and charge back and discuss features such as management groups, policy and role based access control to enable enterprise control of an Azure deployment. This module will introduce Azure Cost Management as a method of monitoring and controlling costs in your organization.
MODULE 4: Architecting Azure Connectivity
In this module the student will learn about the capabilities of the Azure networking stack for connecting networks. This module will focus on capabilities and use cases so the student will be able to make an educated decision on connectivity requirements.
MODULE 5: Architecting a DevOps Solution in Microsoft Azure
In this module the student will learn how DevOps methodologies can be implemented in Microsoft Azure. This module will focus on several key technologies such as configuration management with Azure Automation DSC, Chef, and Puppet, to Azure Resource Manager templates and command line tools.
MODULE 6: Cloud Management and Operations
In this module, students will learn how to use the built in capabilities of the platform such as Azure Monitor, Diagnostics, and Log Analytics to design a holistic solution for management and monitoring of their Azure Infrastructure.
MODULE 7: Architecting Business Continuity
In this module, the student will learn how to design a solution that enables reliable offsite backups for key enterprise workload as well as designing solutions for hybrid workload failover between on-premises and Azure.
This course can be delivered dedicated to your team either virtually or onsite. A dedicated delivery allows deeper discussion with your team and our instructor on projects and workloads that are specific to your environment.
This course can be customized by adding or removing topics, going deeper on specific topics, or by customizing the delivery schedule to make it easier for your team to attend the training.Contact a Cloud Training Specialist