- The course will educate students on the basics of Cloud computing. Service Models such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) will be explored. Cloud Models and Networking will be discussed and compared to traditional Virtualization On-premises will be discussed. Understanding the Business Drivers for cloud as well as the current landscape of Hyper-Scale Cloud providers will be discussed in depth.
- 1-2 Years of Basic IT Knowledge
- Basic knowledge of the Internet and virtualization
Module 1: Origins of the Cloud
This module covers the technical landscape that makes “The Cloud”, possible. Background on the technologies that make up The Internet and the organizations that manage it will be explored.
Module 2: Networking Fundamentals
This module takes a look at the basics of networking and how to provide a basis of understanding for working with the Cloud. Topics covered include: Ethernet, TCP/IP and topologies including LAN, WAN. Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), will also be introduced.
Module 3: Virtualization Fundamentals
This module explores virtualization which is the basis for running workloads in the cloud. DEMO: Type 1 vs. Type 2 Hypervisors
Module 4: Modern Operating Systems & Datacenters
Operating Systems that are heavily used on the Internet and the cloud will be covered. This includes: Windows, Linux, OSX, iOS and Android will be covered. An examination of Datacenters will also be covered including looking at modern technologies such as hyper-convergence and Open Compute datacenters at scale.
Module 5: Cloud Business Drivers & Service Models
This module takes a look at the Business Drivers for Cloud Computing. Business Drivers for moving to the cloud will be examined. Cloud Terminology IaaS, PaaS and SaaS will be explained.
Module 6: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
This module provides an overview of the AWS capabilities and discusses areas of weakness with the platform.
Module 7: Microsoft Azure
This module provides an overview of Azure capabilities and discusses areas of weakness with the platform.
Module 8: Google Cloud Platform
GCE is Google’s answer to AWS and Microsoft. Seen as a viable third platform, this module provides an overview of GCE’s capabilities and discusses areas of weakness with the platform.
Dedicated instructor-led training is designed for group training and is delivered by the experts at Opsgility. Delivery availability is anywhere in the world at your location or using advanced virtual training software.
- Standard or Customized Curriculum
- Globally Available for Delivery
- Holistic Learning Plans are Available
- Industry Recognized Subject Matter Experts