IL - Cloud Workshop: Line-of-business application migration
In this course, you will look at how to design an Azure migration for a heterogenous customer environment. The existing infrastructure comprises both Windows and Linux servers running on both VMWare and physical machines, and includes some legacy servers. Throughout the whiteboard design session, you will look at the various options and services available to migrate heterogenous environments to Azure. At the end of this workshop, you will be better able to design and implement the discovery and assessment of environments to evaluate their readiness for migrating to Azure using services including Azure Migrate, Azure Database Migration Service, and Azure Site Recovery.
- Duration: 1 Day
- Level: 300
Who this course is designed for
- This workshop is intended for Cloud Architects and IT professionals who have architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design in cloud technologies and want to learn more about Azure and Azure services as described in the ‘About this Course’ and ‘At Course Completion’ areas. Those attending this workshop should also be experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, meet the course prerequisites, and want to cross-train on Azure.
- Evaluate environment readiness for migration to Azure
- Design and implement the discovery and assessment of such environments
- Use services including Azure Migrate, Azure Database Migration Service and Azure Site Recovery
- Working knowledge of Azuer
Module 1: Whiteboard Design Session - Line-of-business application migration
Review the customer case study
Design a proof of concept solution
Present the solution
Module 2: Hands-On Lab - Line-of-business application migration
Discover and assess the on-premises environment
Migrate the Application Database
Migrate the application and web tiers using Azure Site Recovery
This course can be delivered dedicated to your team either virtually or onsite. A dedicated delivery allows deeper discussion with your team and our instructor on projects and workloads that are specific to your environment.
This course can be customized by adding or removing topics, going deeper on specific topics, or by customizing the delivery schedule to make it easier for your team to attend the training.Contact a Cloud Training Specialist