In this three-day course, students will start by installing Puppet Enterprise, then learn Puppet best practices and use Puppet to write simple classes, and update and extend existing modules. Fundamentals is taught through a combination of lecture and relevant, real world, hands-on exercises. After completing this course, students will be able to deploy basic system configurations using best practices for Puppet in a Master-Agent setup.
- Developing modules/classes on a system that represent target systems.
- Using Puppet Apply to test and iterate modules.
- Placing modules on the Puppet Master.
- Declaring appropriate classes in node definitions.
- Triggering a Puppet run using the Live Management GUI
- Collecting and analyzing results in the Enterprise Console
- Puppet Language Patterns and Best Practices
- This course is recommended for Linux/Unix users who know the command line, such as Bash, and are familiar with operating system concepts such as services, packages and configuration files
- Student should also be familiar with a text editor. Puppet trainers typically use Vim, but you may use any text editor you are comfortable with.
- How to troubleshoot basic networking problems such as name lookups, DNS lookups, and basic connectivity
The fundamental component roles that make up Puppet Enterprise (and Puppet Open Source).
The core concepts for the Puppet DSL, including:
Modules and Classes
Separating logic from presentation by using Templates.
Modeling repeatable portions of your configuration by using Defined Resource Types.
Building a foundation for building more complex configurations by using Advanced Classes:
Introduction to Inheritance
Introduction to Data Separation using Hiera
Revisiting Classification using parameterized classes & ADB
An introduction to using modules from the Puppet Forge and Supported Modules.
A brief introduction to the Roles and Profiles design pattern.
Dedicated instructor-led training is designed for group training and is delivered by the experts at Opsgility. Delivery availability is anywhere in the world at your location or using advanced virtual training software.
- Standard or Customized Curriculum
- Globally Available for Delivery
- Holistic Learning Plans are Available
- Industry Recognized Subject Matter Experts