- Describe various report services data sources and how these are configured
- Create reports with report designer and/or report designer
- Configure reports with report designer and/or report builder
- Create SQL Server mobile reports
- In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should have technical knowledge equivalent to the following course: Querying Data with Transact-SQL (M20761)
Module 1: Introduction to Business Intelligence and Data ModelingIn this module students will be introduced to the key concepts in business intelligence, and the Microsoft BI product suite.
- Introduction to business intelligence
- The Microsoft business intelligence platform
- Introduction to reporting services
Lab : Exploring an enterprise BI solutionAfter completing this module, you will be able to:
• Describe key concepts in business intelligence
• Describe the Microsoft BI platform
• Describe key concepts in reporting services
Module 2: Reporting Services DataDescribe various Report Services data sources and how these are configured.
- Data sources
- Connection strings
- Filters and parameters
Lab : Configuring a data connectionAfter completing this module, you will be able to:
• Describe data connections and connection strings
• Describe filters and parameters
Module 3: Implementing reportsCreate reports with report designer or report builder.
- Creating a report with the report wizard
- Creating a report
- Showing data graphically in a report
Lab : Creating a reportAfter completing this module, you will be able to:
• Create a report using the report wizard
• Show data graphically
Module 4: Configuring reportsThis module describes how to configure reports with report builder or report designer.
- Implementing filters and parameters
- Implementing sorting and grouping
- Publishing a report
Lab : Create and Publish reports that include parametersAfter completing this module, you will be able to:
• Implement filters and parameters
• Implement sorting and grouping
• Publish a report
Module 5: Creating Mobile ReportsThis module describes how to create SQL Server mobile reports.
- Overview of SQL Server mobile reports
- Preparing data for mobile reports
- SQL Server Mobile report publisher
Lab : Working with mobile reportsAfter completing this module, you will be able to:
• Describe SQL Server mobile reports
• Prepare data for mobile reports
• Publish mobile reports
Dedicated instructor-led training is designed for group training and is delivered by the experts at Opsgility. Delivery availability is anywhere in the world at your location or using advanced virtual training software.
- Standard or Customized Curriculum
- Globally Available for Delivery
- Holistic Learning Plans are Available
- Industry Recognized Subject Matter Experts