- Perform Power BI desktop data transformation
- Describe Power BI desktop modelling
- Create a Power BI desktop visualization
- Implement the Power BI service
- Describe how to connect to Excel data
- Describe how to collaborate with Power BI data
- Connect directly to data stores
- Describe the Power BI developer API
- Describe the Power BI mobile app
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality
- Basic knowledge of data warehouse schema topology (including star and snowflake schemas)
- Some exposure to basic programming concepts (such as looping and branching)
- An awareness of key business priorities such as revenue, profitability, and financial accounting is desirable
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications (particularly Excel)
Introduces business intelligence (BI) and how to self-serve with BI.
Introduction to business intelligence
Introduction to data analysis
Introduction to data visualization
Overview of self-service BI
Considerations for self-service BI
Microsoft tools for self-service BI
Module 2: Introducing Power BI
This module introduces Power BI desktop, and explores the features that enable the rapid creation and publication of sophisticated data visualizations.
The Power BI service
Module 3: Power BI
At the end of this module students will be able to explain the rationale and advantages of using Power BI.
Using Excel as a data source for Power BI
The Power BI data model
Using databases as a data source for Power BI
The Power BI service
Module 4: Shaping and Combining Data
With Power BI desktop you can shape and combine data with powerful, buil-in tools. This module introduces the tools that are available for preparing your data, and transforming it into a form ready for reporting.
Power BI desktop queries
Module 5: Modeling data
This module describes how to shape and enhance data.
Calculations and measures
Module 6: Interactive Data Visualizations
This module describes how to create and manage interactive data visualizations.
Creating Power BI reports
Managing a Power BI solution
Module 7: Direct Connectivity
This module describes various connectivity options using Power BI.
Connecting to analysis services
Module 8: The Developer API
This module describes the developer API within Power BI.
The developer API
Module 9: Power BI mobile app
This module describes the Power BI mobile app.
Power BI mobile apps
Using the Power BI mobile app
Power BI embedded
Dedicated instructor-led training is designed for group training and is delivered by the experts at Opsgility. Delivery availability is anywhere in the world at your location or using advanced virtual training software.
- Standard or Customized Curriculum
- Globally Available for Delivery
- Holistic Learning Plans are Available
- Industry Recognized Subject Matter Experts