- Have educated discussions on the capabilities of Azure’s Platform as a Service (PaaS) offerings for designing or modernizing applications
- Understand how to design modern web applications using Platform as a Service (PaaS) components to minimize total cost of ownership
- Understand how to design services for scalability within a region or globally
- Understand how to select the appropriate storage option for a given use case with an application
- Understand how to architect a solution that captures telemetry and is easily diagnosable for health and usability
- Enable the student to propose a proof of concept with knowledge of which services can be used for a web, IoT, or service based solution
- Background with developer technologies for building web, IoT, and service based applications
- Core understanding of cloud technologies
MODULE 1: Architecting Applications for Azure
In this module students will learn how Azure changes application architecture. From the ability to easily add capacity and scale globally to the different mindset of working with transient resources.
MODULE 2: Azure App Services
In this module the student will learn the core capabilities and use cases of Azure App Services. This module will focus on capabilities from Web, Mobile, Logic, and API apps on Azure.
MODULE 3: Choosing the Right Storage
In this module the student will learn about the various storage options from SQL Database to NoSQL and Document based database technologies. This module is focused on choosing the right tool for the right job and considering the decision points architects will make when designing storage for their apps.
MODULE 4: Architecting Global Solutions
In this module the student will learn how to use technologies like Traffic Manager and platform replication strategies to architect solutions for global scale and availability.
MODULE 5: Building Secure Solutions
In this module the student will learn techniques for securing data in their applications and storage design. This session will focus on best practices for implementing encryption for data in transit and at rest as well as looking at techniques for locking down a solution at the network layer.
MODULE 6: Monitoring and Diagnostics
In this module the student will learn how to use Azure Diagnostics and Application insights to capture valuable telemetry to the health of their application. This telemetry is useful for optimizing an application, identifying performance bottlenecks and even diagnosing problems such as crashes and hangs.
MODULE 7: Architecting Scalable Services
In this module, students will learn about architecting highly scalable micro-services architectures using Azure Service Fabric. This session will focus on design principles and patterns as well as capabilities of apps built on Service Fabric.
MODULE 8: Architecting IoT Solutions
In this module, students will learn the basics of IoT terminology and where the Microsoft Azure services fit. This module introduces the Lambda Architecture, which is used as a reference architecture for building an analytics data pipeline that processes telemetry data from devices and makes it available to alerting, management and reporting applications. It also introduces the two messaging flows of any IoT solution: device-to-cloud and cloud-to-device. Finally, the key services IoT Hub and IoT Suite are introduced.
MODULE 9: Real-Time Data Ingestion in Azure
In this module, students will learn about the protocols for real-time ingest including HTTP, AMQP and MQTT and the storage of data received using queue based services provided by IoT Hub and Event Hubs.
- 40% - Lecture
- 30% - hands-on labs
- 30% - whiteboard design
Dedicated instructor-led training is designed for group training and is delivered by the experts at Opsgility. Delivery availability is anywhere in the world at your location or using advanced virtual training software.
- Standard or Customized Curriculum
- Globally Available for Delivery
- Holistic Learning Plans are Available
- Industry Recognized Subject Matter Experts