Automating Azure AD with PowerShell
3 h 40 m
The course will educate you on the details you need to know to be able to start writing PowerShell for Azure AD. By the end, our objective is to make you feel comfortable writing PowerShell to automate common management tasks for Azure AD. We’ll also provide you some real-world examples for where you can use PowerShell to be more consistent and save time.
- Writing PowerShell for Azure AD
- Manage and Provision Contacts, Users, and Groups within Azure AD
- Manage Contact, User, and Group properties and extensions within Azure AD
- Managing External Users within Azure AD
- Define password protections within Azure AD
- Managing license assignment within Azure AD
- Configure, View, and Manage Azure Applications
- Managing Registered Devices within Azure AD
- Auditing and Reporting using Azure AD
- Automating basic Azure AD tasks with Azure Automation
- An Azure / Office 365 Tenant you can use for HOLs
- An Azure Subscription for HOLs with Azure Automation
- Computer for writing and running remote PowerShell
- Basic administrative expertise with Active Directory
- Basic administrative experience with Azure Active Directory
- Basic PowerShell scripting
Module 1 begins with getting connected to Azure AD with PowerShell and overall management options. This will cover using both the MSOL module and Azure AD module for connecting to Azure AD as well as using the cmdlets in those modules. This includes using PowerShell to connect to Azure AD as well as explore all of the cmdlets available by category.
Module 2 is all about the administration of Users, Contacts and Groups within Azure Active Directory. This module will dive into the creation of Azure Active Directory Users and Groups as well as extending the accounts using extension properties.
In module 3, you will learn how to invite and create external user accounts that are not local Azure Active Directory accounts. This will include managing External Users as well as lifecycle policies that can be applied.
Module 4 will dig into assigning licenses to Azure Active Directory users. This module will also include defining password protections and policies for better security.
In module 5, we’ll jump into leveraging Azure Active Directory Applications. This module will also include creating Azure Active Directory applications with different authentication methods such as SAML and OAuth. We will also set credentials using the Azure Key capabilities.
Module 4 will scratch the surface of what you can do with PowerShell when it comes to device management. This module will also cover the assignment of devices to end users.
Module 7 discusses the auditing and reporting capabilities within Azure Active Directory. This includes accessing Azure Active Directory to retrieve usage information. Focus will be on using the Reporting API as well as the Microsoft Graph while using PowerShell.
Module 8 covers the basics of using the Azure Automation service to automate standard tasks. This includes setting up basic automation flows for standard Azure Active Directory Users, Groups and License Management.
Try Risk FreeStart a free trial
Skill Me Up subscriptions include unlimited access to on-demand courses with live lab lab environments with our Real Time Labs feature for hands-on lab access.
- Access to Real Time Lab environments and lab guides
- Course Completion Certificates when you pass assessments
- MUCH MORE!