This course combines the content from Automation with Ansible (DO407) and Automation with Ansible II: Ansible Tower (DO409).
- Install and troubleshoot Ansible on central nodes and managed hosts.
- Automate administration tasks with Ansible playbooks and ad hoc commands.
- Write effective Ansible playbooks.
- Protect sensitive data used by tasks with Ansible Vault.
- Install and configure Ansible Tower for enterprise Ansible management.
- Use Ansible Tower to control access to inventories and machine credentials by users and teams.
- Create job templates in Ansible Tower to standardize playbook execution.
- Centrally launch playbooks and monitor and review job results with Ansible Tower.
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator, or demonstrate equivalent experience
Deploy Ansible: Configure Ansible and run ad hoc commands.
Implement playbooks: Write Ansible plays and execute a playbook.
Manage variables and inclusions: Describe variable scope and precedence, manage variables and facts in a play, and manage inclusions.
Implement task control: Manage task control, handlers, and tags in Ansible playbooks.
Employ a Jinja2 template.
Implement roles: Create and manage roles.
Configure complex playbooks: Learn and replicate how Ansible executes plays and tasks using host patterns, delegation, and parallelism.
Implement Ansible Vault: Manage encryption with Ansible Vault.
Troubleshoot Ansible: Troubleshoot the Ansible control machine and managed nodes.
Install Ansible Tower and describe Ansible Tower's architecture: Explain what Ansible Tower is and demonstrate a basic ability to navigate and use its web user interface.
Create users and teams for role-based access control: Create user accounts and organize them into teams that can be used in conjunction with role-based access control to manage administration and access to organizational resources in Ansible Tower.
Create and manage inventories and credentials: Build inventories of machines to manage and set up credentials that will allow Ansible Tower to run jobs on those systems.
Manage projects for provisioning with Ansible Tower: Create basic projects and job templates in Ansible Tower that can be used to run Ansible playbooks in order to provision and configure managed systems.
Construct advanced job workflows: Use additional features of job templates to improve workflows by creating simple job launch forms and templates to launch multiple jobs in sequence, and also to report job success or failure through external notification systems.
Update inventories dynamically and compare inventory members: Use advanced techniques to work with inventories, including dynamic generation of inventories from centralized information sources and monitoring of hosts in an inventory for configuration deviations or differences.
Maintenance and administration of Ansible Tower: Perform routine maintenance and administration on Ansible Tower and establish a basic familiarity with the command line tools and the Ansible Tower API.
Dedicated instructor-led training is designed for group training and is delivered by the experts at Opsgility. Delivery availability is anywhere in the world at your location or using advanced virtual training software.
- Standard or Customized Curriculum
- Globally Available for Delivery
- Holistic Learning Plans are Available
- Industry Recognized Subject Matter Experts