Amazon Technical Essentials
- This course covers the knowledge requirements for learning the Technical Essentials of AWS.
- A valid Amazon AWS Account (Requires a valid credit card to create the account)
- A computer or laptop with internet connection
- Basic knowledge of networking would be great
This module gives a high-level introduction to AWS platform, available components and services with a brief description for each service to get you acquainted to the offerings.
- Introduction to Amazon AWS
This module discusses storage on AWS on different levels and usages. This module goes through S3 and Glacier thereby identifying the use case for each using version control and the lifecycle on S3.
- S3 Overview
- S3 Version Control
- S3 Lifecycle and Glacier
This module is about IAM its role across all other AWS services and how it is used to provide authentication, authorization and access control to all other components.
- Introduction to IAM
This module starts with launch EC2 instances, configuring access to them, setting security and going through EBS volumes. The module then discusses EBS volumes, AMI and load balancers to balance the traffic across instances.
- EC2 Overview
- Security Groups
- Load Balancers and Health Checks
This module shows how to create a VPC and ACLs as well as subnets after going through an introduction and overview of the concept.
- Introduction and Overview
- Route Tables
- Access Control Lists (ACLs)
This module covers RDS and relational databases available on AWS as well as DynamoDB and AWS’s flagship NoSQL database.
- Databases Overview
This module covers how to use CloudWatch service, how you can monitor your AWS services and configure events to trigger actions. It is followed by Trusted Advisor which helps in scanning your infrastructure against AWS Best Practices and gives the required suggestions.
- Trusted Advisor
Start a free trial
Skill Me Up subscriptions include unlimited access to on-demand courses with live lab lab environments with our Real Time Labs feature for hands-on lab access.
- Access to Real Time Lab environments and lab guides
- Course Completion Certificates when you pass assessments
- MUCH MORE!