Azure Infrastructure as Code
- What is DevOps?
- What is Infrastructure as Code?
- Continuous Integration & Delivery (CI / CD)
- Cloud Automation with Command-Line Tools using Azure CLI and Azure PowerShell cmdlets
- Cloud Automation with Azure Resource Manager (ARM) Templates
- Build Automation with Source Control
- Introduction to Docker and Containers
Module 1 gives an overview and definition of what DevOps is. The module begins with a description of the “traditional” approach to integrating Development and Operations, then continues with a definition as to exactly what DevOps is and how to implement it. The module also describes exactly what the benefits to DevOps are and why it’s important. This module will also get into how to implement DevOps with technologies and techniques such as Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Continuous Integration (CI), and Continuous Delivery (CD).
- What is DevOps?
- What is Infrastructure as Code (IaC)?
- Continuous Integration
- Continuous Delivery
Module 2 gives an overview of using the Imperative approach and the command-line tools for scripting and managing Azure cloud resources. This module includes an overview of both the Azure CLI (cross-platform command-line tool) and the Azure PowerShell cmdlets.
- Azure CLI
- Azure PowerShell Cmdlets
- Demo: Azure CLI 2.0 at the command-line and in the Azure Cloud Shell
Module 3 gives an overview of using the Declarative approach and Azure Resource Management (ARM) Templates for automating the deployment and management of Azure cloud resources. This module includes an overview of Azure Resource Management, Resource Groups, and JSON.
- Azure Resource Management
- Resource Groups
- ARM Templates / Azure Resource Management Templates
- Demo: Export ARM Template for resources from Azure Portal, and deploy the temple through the Azure Portal
- Demo: Author and Deploy an ARM Template with Visual Studio
- Lab: Use Visual Studio to Author and Deploy and ARM Template (110 Mins)
Module 4 gives an overview of setting up build and deployment automation using Source Control. This module focuses primarily on Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS), but also covers additional source controls systems that can be used (Git, GitHub, etc).
- Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS)
- Demo: Setup simple Build Automation using VSTS and deploy directly to an Azure Web App
Module 5 gives an overview of Docker and Containers. This module dives into the Docker and Container support in Microsoft Azure through Azure Container Services (ACS) and Azure Web Apps on Linux.
- Introduction to Docker
- What are Containers?
- Docker images provided by Azure Marketplace
- Docker commands
- Container Orchestrators
- Intro to Azure Container Services
- Intro to Azure Web Apps on Linux
- Demo: Using the Docker command-line
- Demo: Deploy a Docker container to an Azure Web App on Linux within the Azure Portal
Skill Me Up subscriptions include unlimited access to on-demand courses with live lab lab environments with our Real Time Labs feature for hands-on lab access.
- Access to Real Time Lab environments and lab guides
- Course Completion Certificates when you pass assessments
- MUCH MORE!