- Why write tests? Why is that hard?
- Writing a test first
- Refactoring cookbooks with tests
- Testing resources in recipes
- Refactoring to attributes
- Refactoring to multiple platforms
- Approaches to extending resources
- Why use custom resources
- Creating a custom resource
- Writing code (of just about any flavor) in a text editor
- Working on the command line
- Basic system administration – installing packages, configuring those packages, starting service
Building cookbooks with tests will increase the speed at which you work by giving you consistent feedback throughout the entire cookbook development process. Extending your cookbooks with custom resources will increase clarity within your recipes and provide resources that are portable to other cookbooks. Ohai plugins gather data from your nodes that will aid in more dynamic recipes and extensive reporting.
In this course, you will learn how to confidently refactor and extend a cookbook through explanation, demonstration, practice, and discussion. At the end of the course, you will have created a code repository that can be applied to solve the unique challenges you face managing your infrastructure.
• Why write tests? Why is that hard?
• Writing a test first
• Refactoring cookbooks with tests
• Faster feedback with unit testing
• Testing resources in recipes
• Refactoring to attributes
• Refactoring to multiple platforms
• Approaches to extending resources
• Why use custom resources
• Creating a custom resource
Dedicated instructor-led training is designed for group training and is delivered by the experts at Opsgility. Delivery availability is anywhere in the world at your location or using advanced virtual training software.
- Standard or Customized Curriculum
- Globally Available for Delivery
- Holistic Learning Plans are Available
- Industry Recognized Subject Matter Experts