- 1-2 Years of Basic IT Knowledge
- Basic knowledge of the Internet and virtualization
Cover aspects of how the cloud is different than traditional, on-premises development practices.
● Benefits of Cloud adoption versus On-premises datacenters
● Designing for multi-instance instead of single-instance
● Designing Globally Scalable applications
● Stateful and Stateless applications
● Pay for what you use and Consumption-based pricing in the Cloud
● Cloud Application Patterns
● Transient fault handling
● Message Queue patterns
● Asynchronous Processing
● Multi-region deployment
● And more…
Cover aspects of where data is stored in the cloud and how applications connect to it.
● Overview of different types of data storage (RDBMS and NoSQL stores)
● Persistent and Temporary storage services
● Data Redundancy options for scalability and resiliency
● Benefits of Polyglot persistence
● Basic comparison of Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, and Google Cloud storage options
● Demo: Lab: Use polyglot persistence for the various data types in a web application
Cover aspects of cloud application hosting models including web hosting, serverless hosting, microservices, and custom hosting options.
● Comparison of IaaS and PaaS for hosting application
● Comparison of Microservices architecture versus Traditional architecture
● Overview of Docker and Containers
● Introduction to Serverless computing
● Basic comparison of Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, and Google Cloud application hosting options
Cover aspects of software development with agile processes, source control, and application lifecycle management tools.
● Application lifecycle management (ALM) principles and tools (VSTS, Jenkins, Git)
● Common development environments (Visual Studio, VS Code, Eclipse)
● Introduction to Agile, Scrum, and Kanban development and project management methodologies
● Demo: Setup automated build and deployment with Visual Studio Team Services and Visual Studio
Cover aspects of logging, analysis, and troubleshooting application in the Cloud.
● Comparison of Troubleshooting and Logging applications in the Cloud versus On-premises
● Using iterative and agile methodology to assist in building higher quality software
● Local and Cloud-based Application Logging options
● Debugging locally and remotely in the Cloud
● Demo: Comparison of troubleshooting with Local Logging and Cloud-based Application Logging
Skill Me Up subscriptions include unlimited access to on-demand courses with live lab lab environments with our Real Time Labs feature for hands-on lab access.
- Access to Real Time Lab environments and lab guides
- Course Completion Certificates when you pass assessments
- MUCH MORE!