- The course will educate students on the basics of Cloud computing. Service Models such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) will be explored. Cloud Models and Networking will be discussed and compared to traditional Virtualization On-premises will be discussed. Understanding the Business Drivers for cloud as well as the current landscape of Hyper-Scale Cloud providers will be discussed in depth.
- 1-2 Years of Basic IT Knowledge
- Basic knowledge of the Internet and virtualization
Module 3 explores virtualization which is the basis for running workloads in the cloud. DEMO: Type 1 vs. Type 2 Hypervisors
Azure is by all accounts the second place and rising contenter in the cloud market. This module provides an overview of Azure capabilities and discusses areas of weakness with the platform.
GCE is Google’s answer to AWS and Microsoft. Seen as a viable third platform, this module provides an overview of GCE’s capabilities and discusses areas of weakness with the platform.
Oracle’s cloud is strong in SaaS and has some interesting IaaS capabilities. This module provides an overview of the Oracle cloud and discusses areas of weakness with the platform.
Start a free trial
Skill Me Up subscriptions include unlimited access to on-demand courses with live lab lab environments with our Real Time Labs feature for hands-on lab access.
- Access to Real Time Lab environments and lab guides
- Course Completion Certificates when you pass assessments
- MUCH MORE!