This course will cover case studies involving Red Hat products that use Puppet: Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack® Platform and Red Hat Satellite. Key Puppet concepts will be introduced, including language constructs, modules, classes, and resources. This course will cover the deployment of Puppet server on Red Hat Enterprise Linux and the deployment of Puppet as a client.
This course will prepare attendees for Certificate of Expertise in Configuration Management with Puppet (EX405)
- Write Puppet manifests that utilize a variety of Puppet DSL resources.
- Deploy a GIT repository and use it to maintain Puppet modules.
- Write Puppet modules that deploy and configure network services.
- Configure a Puppet master and client nodes.
- Implement Puppet configuration management in a DevOps environment.
- Use Red Hat Satellite 6 to manage client configurations with Puppet.
- Configuring static routes, packet filtering, and network address translation
- Setting kernel runtime parameters
- Producing and delivering reports on system utilization
- Configuring a system to provide networking services, including HTTP/HTTPS, File Transfer Protocol (FTP), network file system (NFS), server message block (SMB), Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP), secure shell (SSH) and Network Time Protocol (NTP)
Puppet architecture:mDescribe the Puppet architecture and describe a state model.
Implement a Puppet manifest: Build, validate, and deploy a Puppet manifest.
Troubleshoot Puppet manifests: Find documentation and diagnose errors in Puppet manifests.
Implement Git: Implement Git to manage software.
Find information with Facter: View information about systems using Facter.
Implement Puppet modules: Create Puppet modules and implement classes in a manifest.
Implement relationships in a Puppet module: Implement namespaces, relationships, and dependencies in a Puppet module.
Implement variables and conditionals in a Puppet module.
Identify advanced system administration functions in Puppet code.
Implement Puppet: Deploy and configure a Puppet master and a Puppet client.
Implement external Puppet modules: Implement Puppet modules from Puppet Forge.
Implement Puppet in a DevOps environment.
Implement Puppet in a Red Hat Satellite 6 environment.
Dedicated instructor-led training is designed for group training and is delivered by the experts at Opsgility. Delivery availability is anywhere in the world at your location or using advanced virtual training software.
- Standard or Customized Curriculum
- Globally Available for Delivery
- Holistic Learning Plans are Available
- Industry Recognized Subject Matter Experts