In this lab, you will use the Azure cross-platform CLI tools (version 2.0) to learn the fundamentals of creating and managing Azure Virtual Machines.
- Setup your Mac or a Windows computer to access Azure
- Authenticate to Microsoft Azure using the CLI tools
- Configure and manage ARM policies and tags
- Manage Role Based Access Control
- Deploy an ARM template from GitHub and CLI
- Create and manage virtual machines and virtual networks
- Configure the load balancer
In this exercise, you will login to the Azure Management portal to start the cloud shell.
In this exercise, you will use the Azure CLI to view the status of your virtual machine and learn how to stop and start it. You will also learn other management activities such as attaching additional storage, working with virtual networks and network security groups.
In this exercise, you will use the Azure CLI to deploy a second virtual machine in the same availability set and then configure the load balancer on port 80.