- Describe the challenges and solutions for desktop and device management in an enterprise environment.
- Deploy Windows 10 Enterprise desktops.
- Manage user profiles and user state virtualization.
- Manage desktop and application settings by using Group Policy.
- Manage Windows 10 sign-in and identity.
- Manage data access for Windows-based devices.
- Manage remote access solutions.
- Manage Windows 10 devices by using enterprise mobility solutions.
- Manage desktop and mobile clients by using Intune.
- Manage updates and Endpoint Protection by using Intune.
- Manage application and resource access by using Intune.
- Configure and manage client Hyper-V.
- Networking fundamentals, including Transmission Control Protocol /Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and Domain Name System (DNS)
- Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles
- Windows Server 2012 R2 fundamentals
- The Windows client operating system essentials; for example, working knowledge of Windows 8.1 and/or Windows 7
Module 1: Managing Desktops and Devices in an Enterprise Environment
This module explains the most current trends and information related to desktop and device management in the enterprise. It also provides an overview of on-premises management compared to cloud-based IT management and services.
Module 2: Deploying Windows 10 Enterprise Desktops
This module explains the various deployment scenarios for Windows 10 and the considerations to keep in mind while performing these deployments. This module also explains how to deploy Windows 10 by using the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (WADK) and the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT). This module also explains how to maintain Windows 10 by using DISM and Windows Imaging and Configuration Designer (ICD). Additionally, it explains the different types of volume activation technologies and tools to manage activation.
Module 3: Managing User Profiles and User State Virtualization
This module explains how to manage user profiles and user state using tools such as the User State Migration Tool (USMT) and User Experience Virtualization (UE-V).
Module 4: Managing Desktop and Application Settings by Using Group Policy
This module explains how to manage Group Policy inheritance, administrative templates, and common enterprise desktop settings. This module also explains how to apply Group Policy Preferences using targeting and filtering.
Module 5: Managing Windows 10 Sign-In and Identity
This module explains the concept of identity and explains the methods to enhance identity security. This module also explains cloud identities and the use of Azure Active Directory in enterprise organizations.
Module 6: Managing Data Access for Windows-based Devices
This module explains how to provide secure access to company data. Solutions discussed include Device Registration (previous known as Workplace Join) and Work Folders. This module also explains how to configure and share data stored in Microsoft OneDrive.
Module 7: Managing Remote Access Solutions
This module explains how to configure a virtual private network (VPN) and DirectAccess in Windows 10. This module also explains how to configure RemoteApp.
Module 8: Managing Windows 10 Devices by Using Enterprise Mobility Solutions
This module provides an overview of the Enterprise Mobility + Security, Microsoft Azure Active Directory-Premium (Azure AD Premium), Azure Rights Management (Azure RMS), and Microsoft Intune.
Module 9: Managing Desktop and Mobile Clients by Using Microsoft Intune
This module explains how to install the Microsoft Intune client software and configure and assign Intune policies. It also explains how to create Mobile Device Management (MDM) policies and enroll mobile devices to Intune. Additionally, this module explains how to use Intune to create and manage Windows Information Protection (WIP) policies.
Module 10: Managing Updates and Endpoint Protection by Using Microsoft Intune
This module explains how to configure updates and Endpoint Protection settings and reports using Microsoft Intune.
Module 11: Application and Resource Access by Using Microsoft Intune
This module explains how to use the Microsoft Intune Software Publisher to deploy applications to managed clients. This module also explains the use of certificate profiles, Wi-Fi profiles, and VPN profiles to control access to company resources.
Module 12: Configuring and Managing Client Hyper-V
This module explains how to create virtual switches, virtual hard disks, and virtual machines by using Client Hyper-V.
Dedicated instructor-led training is designed for group training and is delivered by the experts at Opsgility. Delivery availability is anywhere in the world at your location or using advanced virtual training software.
- Standard or Customized Curriculum
- Globally Available for Delivery
- Holistic Learning Plans are Available
- Industry Recognized Subject Matter Experts