Engineering a Pipeline
2 h 36 m
This course is designed for IT leaders, developers, and operations folks trying to begin a DevOps implementation. We start off by thinking about the software development life cycle as a linear process throughout which you may optimize with DevOps by addressing concerns earlier in the process and beginning a CI/CD practice.Then, we will look at why it’s important to invite everyone to the planning table when first gathering requirements and designing features for a new product or service.After that, we will learn how to architect systems to be flexible and resilient, and how to document design decisions as you work.Then, we’ll cover techniques for choosing specific languages, frameworks, and programming patterns to develop well-written code that is more easily understood and maintained.We’ll also learn how to automate testing to utilize every type of test and ensure that code is functional across multiple environments.This course will wrap up by looking at how to take CI/CD to the next level and how to release software using deployment strategies proven to facilitate small, frequent releases of code with increased service availability.
Related Learning Path(s):
DevOps for the Enterprise
DevOps for the Enterprise
- This course outlines the steps necessary to advance your DevOps transformation from an organizational plan to beginning the actual implementation.
- You’ll be asked to get your hands dirty by implementing pipelines, collecting requirements, unituing a team around a common vision, and designing product features with DevOps in mind. You’re also going to be armed with the knowledge needed to make software decisions from a DevOps perspective, automate testing across various environments, and how to decide on the right deployment strategy.
- This course will help you unlock potential and make efficient use of continuous integration and continuous delivery in your organization.
- Basic knowledge of the Agile methodology
- Basic knowledge of the software development life cycle
- Previous experience with software releases will be helpful, but not required
Module 1 covers the software development life cycle (SDLC), also known as the pipeline. You’ll briefly learn about the various phases of that life cycle and how DevOps changes the standard approach.
Module 2 looks at how DevOps emerged from the Agile movement and aims to help you approach planning in a DevOps organization. You’ll also learn about collecting requirements, uniting a team around a common vision, and understanding your constraints.
Module 3 is about thinking through software design from a DevOps perspective. You’ll be introduced to the idea of continuous improvement and you’ll be shown how to design software flexible enough to adapt to the constantly changing needs of your business.
Module 4 digs into how to talk about code in a collaborative way. You’ll also learn to write code that is agile in the face of change, and make software decisions from a DevOps perspective.
Module 5 covers the importance of testing in DevOps. You’ll see how to test code in multiple environments, and find out what types of tests to consider.
Module 6 unpacks how to implement continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD). You’ll also learn how to decide on a deployment strategy and how to manage releases.
Try Risk Free
Start a free trial
Skill Me Up subscriptions include unlimited access to on-demand courses with live lab lab environments with our Real Time Labs feature for hands-on lab access.
- Access to Real Time Lab environments and lab guides
- Course Completion Certificates when you pass assessments
- MUCH MORE!