- Learn how to manage and monitor Azure VMs
- Understand key capabilities and options for establishing hybrid connectivity such as site-to-site, point-to-site, and ExpressRoute
- Understand how to manage resources using Resource Manager
- Understand the different types of deployment and management options available such as templates, and the command line
- Understand how to architect solutions using Azure Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS)
- Understand how to secure applications and data in Azure
- Understand how to architect solutions that require hybrid identity with Azure AD
- Understand how to manage and monitor solutions in Azure
- Understand how to deploy and manage containers in Azure
- Prepare to pass exam 70-533 Implementing Azure Infrastructure Solutions
- Understanding of virtualization technologies such as Hyper-V or VMWare is recommended
- Experience with a scripting environment such as Bash is recommended
MODULE 1: Azure Virtual Machines
In this module, you will be introduced to virtual machines and virtual networks in Microsoft Azure. Topics such as instance sizes, storage, virtual machine networking, and diagnostics and troubleshooting will be discussed. The module also provides a brief introduction to automated deployment and configuration management.
MODULE 2: Virtual Machine Storage
In this module, Azure Storage and how it is utilized with virtual machines will be discussed in depth. Topics such as high availability, performance with standard and Premium storage as well as capacity planning will be discussed. Other topics will include using tools like Azure Storage Explorer to manage VHD files across storage accounts and subscriptions will be discussed.
MODULE 3: Virtual Machine Networking
In this module, the core network architecture of Azure Virtual Machines is discussed. The module will include an in-depth discussion of virtual networks as well as other topics such as, enabling connectivity using Public IP addresses, securing virtual network connectivity with network security groups, introduction to user defined routes and multiple network interfaces, as well as understanding and configuring the internal and external load balancer options with Microsoft Azure.
MODULE 4:Managing Virtual Machines with Azure Resource Manager
In this module, the student will be introduced to using Azure Resource Manager to organize resources, control access to resources using ARM policies and role based access control (RBAC), as well as learn introductory concepts to template deployment.
MODULE 5: Implementing Hybrid Connectivity
In this module, the student will learn about options for connecting securely to a virtual network from an on-premises network or from another virtual network in Azure. This module will discuss configuration options with site-to-site, point-to-site, and introduce the student to Microsoft Azure ExpressRoute.
MODULE 6: Implementing Business Continuity
In this module, the student will how to use Azure Backup and Site Recovery (ASR) to implement business continuity for the enterprise.
Module 7: Authoring ARM Templates
In this module, students will learn how to author ARM templates for the deployment and automation of IaaS and PaaS workloads. Students will learn how to deploy templates from Visual Studio/Code, the command line as well as concepts for continuous deployment.
MODULE 8: Hybrid Identity with Azure AD
In this module, the student will learn the basic capabilities of Azure AD and how it can be used to extend on-premises identities to Azure. Other features such as multi-factor authentication and a core understanding of the feature matrix of the free, basic, and premium service tiers will be explored.
MODULE 9: Introduction to Containers on Azure
In this module, attendees will learn how to manage and monitor container based workloads in Microsoft Azure. Students will learn how to deploy a Kubernetes cluster, manage container images, and use the Azure Container Registry.
MODULE 10: Monitoring and Alerting in Azure
In this module, attendees will learn how to use services in Azure to monitor their services and solutions and to compose solutions that will effectively alert and trigger actions based on the established parameters. This module will discuss using the following services and solutions:
•Azure Monitor, Health, Log Analytics, Security Center, Application Insights, Network Watcher
•Chef, Puppet, PowerShell DSC, Logic Apps, Event Grid
MODULE 11: Introduction to Azure PaaS Services
In this module, the student will learn how to deploy, monitor and operate solutions that build on several of the platform-as-a-service building blocks of Microsoft Azure. The student will be introduced to several application and data architectures such as: Web Apps, SQL Database and other PaaS services.
Dedicated instructor-led training is designed for group training and is delivered by the experts at Opsgility. Delivery availability is anywhere in the world at your location or using advanced virtual training software.
- Standard or Customized Curriculum
- Globally Available for Delivery
- Holistic Learning Plans are Available
- Industry Recognized Subject Matter Experts