In this hands-on course, students are introduced to fundamental DevOps concepts and how this process can be used to produce a more agile software delivery process and breakdown silos within an organization. From there, the course delves into how cloud based automation technology can be utilized to increase efficiencies and create a more agile software development process.
With DevOps concepts firmly grounded, attendees will learn common tools for automation and configuration management all the way to designing a complete continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipeline. Topics such as template authoring, command line tools (PowerShell and cross platform), and build/source control services such as GitHub, Jenkins and Visual Studio Team Services will be covered.
- Understand fundamental Azure technologies (IaaS and PaaS)
- Understand core DevOps and Agile methodologies and how they relate with a software deployment pipeline
- Understand how to automate and manage Azure using the command line (PowerShell or CLI)
- Understand how to author Azure Resource Manager templates to build and manage deployments from simple to complex workloads and orchestrations
- Understand how to implement configuration management, source control, and deployment into a continuous application life cycle
- Understand how to integrate configuration management and DevOps processes into a continuous integration and deployment pipeline
- Previous experience with scripting languages like PowerShell or Bash is suggested.
- Previous experience with Microsoft Azure is required.
MODULE 1: DevOps Fundamentals
In this module, attendees are introduced to DevOps concepts and how this process can be utilized to break down silos within an organization as well as produce a more agile software development process. This topic will also cover common developer tools, services and methodologies commonly used in building cloud applications as well as developer tools such as common IDEs and editors, to tools for source control, continuous integration and deployment, and configuration management concepts.
MODULE 2: Azure Resource Manager
This session focuses on the Azure Resource Manager (ARM) architecture and explains architectural concepts for ARM and how it is used to manage Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) workloads within Azure. Students will gain an understanding of resource groups, resource providers, locks, policies, tags, and role based access control (RBAC).
MODULE 3: Automating Azure IaaS with the Command Line
In this module, the student will learn how the Azure command line tools can be used to provision and manage Azure IaaS workloads. This module will cover both the PowerShell and the CLI command line tools.
MODULE 4: Introduction to Configuration Management on Azure IaaS
In this module, the student will be introduced to configuration management services such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, and Azure Automation DSC (depending on tooling preference) to enable highly scalable automated configuration management.
MODULE 5: Automating Azure PaaS with the Command Line
In this module, the student will learn how the Azure command line tools can be used to provision and manage Azure PaaS services. This module will cover both the PowerShell and the CLI command line tools.
MODULE 6: Authoring ARM Templates
MODULE 7: Managing and Monitoring throughout the Application Life-cycle
In this module, the student will learn how to integrate continuous integration, delivery, and deployment into their Azure environment. This module will walk through an end-to-end scenario to fully illustrate the life-cycle of an application and Application Insights to demonstrate application monitoring.
Dedicated instructor-led training is designed for group training and is delivered by the experts at Opsgility. Delivery availability is anywhere in the world at your location or using advanced virtual training software.
- Standard or Customized Curriculum
- Globally Available for Delivery
- Holistic Learning Plans are Available
- Industry Recognized Subject Matter Experts