Introduction to Docker Containers
1 h 35 m
In this course, the student will be introduced to Docker. We’ll start by understanding the basics of containers and how they came to be. Then, we’ll learn how to install Docker on various platforms. We will cover the components that make up Docker including: The Docker Engine, Docker Images, and Docker Containers. We’ll cover how to containerize an application. We’ll also talk about how networking works with Docker and wrap up with a discussion of how data persistence works within the Docker ecosystem.
- Understanding of container concepts
- Understanding the origins of Docker
- Understanding of how to install Docker
- Understanding of Docker Engine and core components
- Understanding of Docker images
- Understanding of Docker containers
- Understanding of how to containerize an application
- Understanding of Docker networking
- Understanding of how to persist data with Docker
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts
- Familiarity with Azure
In this module, the student will be introduced to containers and Docker. We’ll start by understanding the basics of containers and how they came to be. Then, we’ll learn the emergence of Docker and where it fits into the ecosystem. Then, we’ll wrap up learning how to install Docker across various platforms.
In this module, the student will be introduced to Docker Engine which includes the core components of Docker. We’ll cover the day-to-day commands required to operate Docker. Then, we’ll discuss what Docker images are and how to use them along with image registries. We’ll wrap up by digging into the details of Docker containers by learning how to manage the container lifecycle.
In this module, the student will be introduced to the concepts required to containerize an application. We’ll start by covering the steps involved with the containerization process by digging into Dockerfiles and the related commands. Then, we’ll containerize our first application end-to-end followed by discussing how Docker networking works and look at single-host bridge networks. We’ll wrap up by looking at several techniques for persisting data with Docker.
Try Risk FreeStart a free trial
Skill Me Up subscriptions include unlimited access to on-demand courses with live lab lab environments with our Real Time Labs feature for hands-on lab access.
- Access to Real Time Lab environments and lab guides
- Course Completion Certificates when you pass assessments
- MUCH MORE!