Introduction to Configuration Management
- Gain a solid understanding of Terraform and why it’s an important tool in modern cloud-computing environments.
- Learn what Terraform is, it’s major components and configurations and using Terraform to launch, change and destroy cloud resources.
- Basic understanding of cloud-computing concepts
- Basic understand of Linux-style command line interfaces
- Basic understanding of configuring software tools using text files
This course introduces you to Terraform and why it’s important to treat infrastructure as code. Information covered in this course includes high-level concepts of Terraform, using Terraform in relation to other tools, Terraform use-cases, the problems Terraform can solve, and Infrastructure as code. The course concludes with an overview of high-level Terraform, configurations, execution plans, resources graphs, change automation, and Terraform state.
In this course you will learn about Terraform configuration options at a high-level and how they work together to deploy resources. Topics included in this course are basic structure and format of configuration files, variables, outputs, built-in functions, overrides, resources, modules, data sources, provisioners, and backends.
In this course you will learn about commonly used Terraform commands when starting out including init, apply, destroy, and output.
Start a free trial
Skill Me Up subscriptions include unlimited access to on-demand courses with live lab lab environments with our Real Time Labs feature for hands-on lab access.
- Access to Real Time Lab environments and lab guides
- Course Completion Certificates when you pass assessments
- MUCH MORE!