- In this course you will learn about Windows Server Containers. First, you will be introduced to the concept of Windows Containers, differences between Windows Server Containers and Hyper-V containers. Next, you will dive into Windows Server Core and Nano Server Container images and how to migrate existing virtual machies to container images. You will also learn about creating and running custom Windows Container images with common frameworks & server products including IIS, ASP.NET 4.5 and ASP.NET Core. Finally, you will delve into common tasks that can be performed using Docker CLI including exploring logs, establishing interactive session to container and stopping and deleting running containers and their respective images.
- Microsoft Azure Subscription that you can use for HOLs
- Computer for connecting to Azure Virtual Machine using Remote Desktop Connection
- Basic understanding of virtualization technologies like Virtual Machines and Hyper-V
- Basic PowerShell scripting knowledge
Module 1 introduces the Windows Container platform and different types of containers it supports. We will also cover role and use of Nano and Server Core container images and how they are stored in Docker Registry.
- Windows Containers Platform
- Kernel Isolation using Hyper-V Containers
- Docker Client & Docker Daemon on Windows
- Microsoft Nano & Server Core Images
- Establish interactive session with running container
- Docker Registry
Module 2 dives into building custom images using Dockerfile and then running them using Docker CLI. We will also cover CLI commands to inspect container logs and to capture memory and CPU usage of running containers.
· Use Dockerfile to build IIS Server container Image
· Running IIS Server as Container
· Package ASP.NET 4.5 application using Dockerfile
· Running ASP.NET 4.5 application inside Container
· Package ASP.NET Core application using Dockerfile
· Running ASP.NET Core application inside Container
· Explore Container Logs
· Explore Container Memory & CPU Usage
Skill Me Up subscriptions include unlimited access to on-demand courses with live lab lab environments with our Real Time Labs feature for hands-on lab access.
- Access to Real Time Lab environments and lab guides
- Course Completion Certificates when you pass assessments
- MUCH MORE!