Introduction to Azure SQL Database
1 h 15 m
In the course Introduction to Azure SQL Database we will discuss the configuration, performance, security, availability, recovery and automation of Azure SQL Database. We will also review hybrid solutions with SQL Server Stretch Database. This course will partially help prepare you for exam 70-473 Designing and Implementing Cloud Data Platform Solutions.This course will help you prepare for Microsoft Exam 70-533 - Implementing Azure Infrastructure Solutions and 70-532 Developing Azure Solutions as well.
- Create a foundational knowledge of Azure SQL Database architecture
- Understand the basic migration process for Azure SQL Database.
- Understand basic performance management for Azure SQL Database.
- Understand the basic high availability architectures of SQL Database.
- Understand the security features available with Azure SQL Database
- Create foundational knowledge of PowerShell automation for Azure SQL Database
- Understand the architecture of SQL Server Stretch Database
- Previous experience with Azure Platform as a Service (PaaS) is suggested.
- Previous experience with SQL Server is suggested.
- A Microsoft Azure subscription for hands-on labs.
In this Introduction to Azure SQL Database we will discuss the configuration, performance and recovery characteristics of Azure SQL Database. We will look at security architecture and configuration. We will cover Azure SQL Database performance management through service tiers and elastic database pools. We will also take a deeper look at deployment, connectivity and management using the Azure Portal as well as familiar SQL tools like SQL Server Management Studio
This session focuses on SQL Server Stretch Database. We will cover use cases and identifying candidate tables for Stretch Database. Then we will dive into configuration and migration to SQL Server Stretch Database. Finally, we will discuss backup and restore of a Stretch Databases.
In this module we will look at the management of Azure SQL Database with PowerShell. We will then introduce Azure Automation and Runbooks for automating tasks in Azure.
Try Risk FreeStart a free trial
Skill Me Up subscriptions include unlimited access to on-demand courses with live lab lab environments with our Real Time Labs feature for hands-on lab access.
- Access to Real Time Lab environments and lab guides
- Course Completion Certificates when you pass assessments
- MUCH MORE!