Managing Azure VM Images
1 h 15 m
In this lab, you will manage VM Image or the OS Disk of both Windows and Linux. Generally, you may use images available in the marketplace but sometimes the marketplace may not fulfill the organization requirements. In this case, you may have to use own custom VHD which includes uploading VHD from on-premises to cloud or downloading from cloud to on-premises. When an organization wants VM having their LOB (Line of Business Application) installed, you as an Azure Admin need to play with images. It will be more time saving and effective to create images as per the organization needs and use the same image on both cloud and on-premises rather than installing LOB and other configuration in each VM individually. It will give a holistic view of VMs in both on-premises and cloud environment.
- Generalize Azure VM image using Sysprep.
- Capture image of generalized VM.
- Uploading on-premises VHD to cloud.
- Downloading VHD from cloud to on-premises.
- Experience with the Azure Portal
- Knowledge of Azure Virtual Machines
- Knowledge of Blob Storage
- Knowledge of Managed and Unmanaged Disks
Set up your environment.
In this exercise, you will create windows virtual machine and you will be managing the image of the VM.
In this exercise, you will capture an image of the Linux VM or the OS VHD.