- Understand the role of the various monitoring services and features in Azure, and be able to make an appropriate choice of which to use in common IaaS scenarios
- Understand how to capture metrics, diagnostics logs, and activity logs from virtual machines and storage accounts
- Understand how to configure alerts in Azure Monitor
- Understand how to analyze logs using Azure Log Analytics
In this module, students will learn about Azure operations and the current monitoring landscape. Students will learn about the monitoring tools in Azure, including Azure Monitor. Students will also be introduced to metrics, log analytics, and the core concepts of troubleshooting Azure infrastructure with Azure Alerts.
- Operationalizing Azure Infrastructure
- Monitoring Azure Infrastructure
- Troubleshooting Azure Infrastructure
In this module, students will learn what Log Analytics is, how to deploy and configure the Log Analytics service, and how to interact with the service, including authoring queries and how to use Log Analytics from Azure Monitor.
- Introduction to Log Analytics
- Deploying and Configuring Log Analytics
- Using Log Analytics
In this module, students will learn about Azure Alerts - both what they are and how they can be configured and managed. Students will also learn about the types of alerts that are available through Azure Monitor and how alerts can be used to bring data together from multiple targets for operations in Azure.
- Alerts Overview
- Metric Alerts
- Activity Log Alerts
- Log Analytics Alerts
In this module, students will learn about Azure platform health and monitoring through Azure Status, Azure Service Health, and Azure Resource Health. Students will also learn about the available support models for Azure across the free and paid tiers.
- Azure Status
- Service and Resource Health
- Azure Support
In this module, students will learn how to integrate the monitoring of Azure and the resources they host on it with 3rd party SIEM (Security Information and Event Management) tools and ITSM (IT Service Management) tools.
- Integration Scenarios
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- IT Service Management (ITSM)
In this module, students will learn how to leverage Azure Advisor and Azure Security Center in their monitoring and operations strategy. Students will learn about the types of recommendations Azure Advisor offers and how those recommendations can be implemented. Students will also learn how to deploy Azure Security Center and use the recommendations it provides to monitor and control their Azure resources.
- Azure Advisor
- Azure Security Center
Skill Me Up subscriptions include unlimited access to on-demand courses with live lab lab environments with our Real Time Labs feature for hands-on lab access.
- Access to Real Time Lab environments and lab guides
- Course Completion Certificates when you pass assessments
- MUCH MORE!