In this course, students will learn how to operationalize, and support workloads hosted in Microsoft Azure. Students will learn to approach Azure operations across four pillars: Security - Secure and well-managed VMs with Azure Security Center, Resiliency - Safeguard cloud workloads by designing for availability, Recovery - Business continuity and data protection with Azure Backup and Azure Site Recovery, Monitoring and analytics – Security information and event management with Azure Monitor, Azure Log Analytics, and Application Insights.
- Understand Azure service limits as it pertains to monitoring and troubleshooting
- Understand how to monitor and respond to Azure service health and maintenance windows
- Understand how to troubleshoot common problems with Azure VMs
- Understand core lifecycles of service management such as key and identity management
- Understand and use common services used for monitoring and troubleshooting
- Implement services for high availability and disaster recovery
- Attendees should have a solid foundation in Microsoft Azure prior to attending the course
- Previous experience with Azure Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS)
- Familiarity with Azure Networking, including hybrid connectivity
- Prior experience with Service Delivery/Service Management is recommended
- Previous experience with scripting languages like PowerShell or Bash is suggested
Module 1: Azure Platform Operations
In this session, students will learn how to monitor and respond to events in the Azure service fabric with Azure Monitor, Application Insights, and Log Analytics. In addition, students will learn how Azure platform maintenance occurs and how they can architect their environment to be resilient to platform maintenance.
Module 2: Azure High Availability and Disaster Recovery
In this session, students will learn how workloads hosted in Azure can be protected with Azure Backup and Azure Site Recovery.
Module 3: Securing Azure Services
In this session, students will learn how to deploy and configure Azure Security Center, Azure Advisor, and the various control planes available for accessing Azure services for both Azure Storage and Azure SQL. In addition, students will learn how to manage keys in Azure with Azure Key Vault.
Module 4: Monitoring Azure Networking
In this session, students will learn how to monitor and maintain Azure virtual networks, network security groups, and troubleshoot virtual machine network interfaces.
Module 5: Troubleshooting Azure Virtual Machines
In this session, students will learn to how monitor and manage Azure Virtual Machines, including troubleshooting common issues such as password resets and remote machine connectivity.
Module 6: Operations and Management Whiteboard Design Workshop
In this workshop, students will explore a hypothetical customer engagement where the customer is looking for solutions management and monitoring solutions for Azure IaaS as they execute their move to the cloud. Students will need to provide solutions for dealing with both the VMs and the customer’s application. Students will discover infrastructure and application monitoring and management solutions in Azure.
Dedicated instructor-led training is designed for group training and is delivered by the experts at Opsgility. Delivery availability is anywhere in the world at your location or using advanced virtual training software.
- Standard or Customized Curriculum
- Globally Available for Delivery
- Holistic Learning Plans are Available
- Industry Recognized Subject Matter Experts