This workshop is designed to help attendees gain a better understanding of how to integrate and deploy complex Open Source Software (OSS) workloads into Azure PaaS. Attendees will migrate an existing MERN (MongoDB, Express.js, React.js, Node.js) stack application from a hosted environment into Azure PaaS services, and fully embrace modern DevOps tools.
- At the end of this workshop, you will learn how to provision Web App for Containers for hosting OSS applications, migrate a MongoDB instance into Cosmos DB, implement serverless technologies, such as Logic Apps and Azure Functions, to enhance OSS app functionality, provision an Azure Container Registry, build Docker images and push them into the Azure Container Registry, and enable continuous deployment with Jenkins and Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS).
- Intermediate understanding of Microsoft Azure IT
Module 1: Whiteboard Design Session - OSS PaaS and DevOps
Review the customer case study
Design a proof of concept solution
Present the solution
Module 2: Hands-on Lab - OSS PaaS and DevOps
Run starter application
Migrate the database to Cosmos DB
Containerize the app
Set up Web App for Containers
Configure CI/CD pipeline
Create Azure Function for order processing
Create Logic App for sending SMS notifications
Dedicated instructor-led training is designed for group training and is delivered by the experts at Opsgility. Delivery availability is anywhere in the world at your location or using advanced virtual training software.
- Standard or Customized Curriculum
- Globally Available for Delivery
- Holistic Learning Plans are Available
- Industry Recognized Subject Matter Experts