- Learn why they should manage their Puppet infrastructure the right way
- Learn multiple ways to accomplish tasks in Puppet and how to choose which is most appropriate for a given situation
- Design and build modules, and extend modules from the Forge
- Learn best practices for implementing Roles & Profiles in their infrastructure.
- Students In this course, we expect attendees to have a solid understanding of configuration management strategies
- You should have taken Puppet Fundamentals or have 6+ months of experience using Puppet
Using data structures to create resources programmatically.
Using custom facts to expose information about nodes.
The concepts of modularity and composability and how they refer to module design.
Methods for testing your Puppet code and infrastructure.
Using MCollective from the command line to automate infrastructure orchestration.
Troubleshooting techniques and standard log files.
The Roles & Profiles design pattern and the benefits it offers.
Several different methods for managing portions of files.
Why the Anchor Pattern exists and when one should use it or the `contain()` function.
Creating generalizable modules and contributing them back to the community via the Puppet Forge.
Sharing functionality between classes using inheritance.
Dedicated instructor-led training is designed for group training and is delivered by the experts at Opsgility. Delivery availability is anywhere in the world at your location or using advanced virtual training software.
- Standard or Customized Curriculum
- Globally Available for Delivery
- Holistic Learning Plans are Available
- Industry Recognized Subject Matter Experts