This course will teach students to install a proof-of-concept and configure, use, and maintain Red Hat OpenStack Platform. The focus on this course will be managing OpenStack using the Horizon dashboard and the command-line interface and managing instances.
To help prepare students for the Red Hat Certified System Administrator in Red Hat OpenStack exam (EX210), the following competencies are covered in this course:
Install and configure Red Hat OpenStack Platform (using PackStack)
Manage users, projects, flavors, roles, images, networking, and block storage
Configure images at instantiation
- Deploy a Red Hat OpenStack Platform proof of concept environment
- Manage software-defined networks, subnets, routers, and floating IP addresses
- Manage images and flavors
- Provision virtual machine instances
- Manage security groups and rules
- Manage block and object storage
- Customize instances
- Create scalable stacks
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA®) in Red Hat Enterprise Linux® certification or equivalent experience
Introduce and review the course.
Launch an instance and describe the OpenStack architecture and use cases.
Manage projects, users, roles, and quotas.
Describe the changes in technology and processes for cloud computing
Manage Linux networks and bridges.
Manage images, flavors, and private networks in preparation for launching an internal instance and launch and verify an internal instance.
Manage ephemeral and persistent block storage.
Manage object storage.
Manage external networks and security in preparation for launching an external instance and launch and verify an external instance.
Customize an instance with cloud-init.
Deploy a stack and configure autoscaling.
Install an OpenStack proof of concept using Packstack.
Review tasks in the Red Hat OpenStack Administration I course.
Dedicated instructor-led training is designed for group training and is delivered by the experts at Opsgility. Delivery availability is anywhere in the world at your location or using advanced virtual training software.
- Standard or Customized Curriculum
- Globally Available for Delivery
- Holistic Learning Plans are Available
- Industry Recognized Subject Matter Experts