- Office 365 is now a core technology and solution used by many organizations. When used, the growth of content can be very quick and can cause problems for the IT Team to manage. The ability to know what content is there, what type of content it is and then protect that content is now imperative for all. Understanding how to use the Security and Compliance features within Office 365 will help organizations to protect all digital assets stored within the cloud services of Office 365.
- Basic knowledge of Office 365
- Understanding of Data Loss Prevention concepts
- Basic SharePoint Administration
This module introduces the Office 365 Security and Compliance Center. Topics include creating virtual machines, configuring the network, managing virtual machine storage, pricing a solution and bringing your own license.
- General Overview
- Navigating the Security and Compliance Center
- Management of Alerts
- View Security Alerts
- Overview of Permissions
- Overview of Threat Management
- Overview of Data Governance
- Overview of Search and Investigation
- Overview of Reports
- Overview of Service Assurance
This module dives deeper into the Data Loss Prevention features of Office 365. Topics include understanding how Data Loss Prevention works, performing queries, defining and creating policies.
- How does Data Loss Prevention work?
- Understand Data Loss Prevention Policies
- Review existing policies
- Customize existing policies
- Apply policies to content locations
- Data Loss Search Queries
- Perform sensitive searches
- Save sensitive searches and apply policies
- Data Loss Prevention Actions
- Creating custom Data Loss Prevention policies
In this module, you will review the core features available within Office 365 for device management. You will also learn how to apply restrictions to devices as needed.
- Device Management core capabilities
This module is focused on Permissions and User Security within Office 365. You will learn how to secure access to the Security and Compliance Center. You will also know what permissions to assign to components within SharePoint as well as how App Permissions work within Office 365.
- Security and Compliance Center Permissions
- Understanding Security Roles and Groups
- Assigning Permissions to OneDrive and SharePoint Online
- Overall permissions
- Specific access rules
- Understanding App Permissions
- Advanced Security Management within Office 365
This module is focused Administrating Security and Compliance features and components within Office 365. You will learn how to manage and control services and components using the standard site as well as how to use PowerShell scripting to perform the same actions.
· General Administration areas of the Security and Compliance Center within Office 365
· PowerShell cmdlets for Security and Compliance
o List all cmdlets
o Script some basic commands
This module introduces the Office 365 Security and Compliance Center reporting capabilities. Topics include Data Loss Prevention reporting. Supervisory reports and Auditing.
- Viewing Data Loss Prevention Reports
- Viewing Supervisory Reports
- Auditing Reports
- The Office 365 audit log report
- Azure AD reports
- Exchange audit reports
Skill Me Up subscriptions include unlimited access to on-demand courses with live lab lab environments with our Real Time Labs feature for hands-on lab access.
- Access to Real Time Lab environments and lab guides
- Course Completion Certificates when you pass assessments
- MUCH MORE!