- This course is designed to up-lift the skills of an IT Professional who has deployed and managed a network based on Windows Server 2012, and take their knowledge forward to leverage the new features found in Windows Server 2016.
- A working understanding of Windows Server 2012 features and technologies such as Hyper-V, Active Directory and networking technologies.
This module examines some of the new features that tackle threats faced by organizations today, and yet to be defined threats of tomorrow. Topics include:
- Just enough administration
- Device Guard
- Privileged identity
- Nano Server
In this module you will learn how to:
- Host options for Windows Server 2016 based hypervisors
- Describe encryption options
- Understand the role of the Host Guardian Service and Shielded VMs
This module is focused on the new software based storage features that can dramatically reduce costs in the storage fabric of a modern datacenter.
- Understand Storage Spaces Direct functionality
- Implement Storage Replica
This module is focused on the new software based storage features that can dramatically reduce costs as part of the storage fabric in a modern datacenter.
- Understand the evolution of virtualization into Containers for app hosting
- Implement Nano Server and describe when it can be used
This module is focused on how the modern datacenter can be better managed, utilizing new features in Windows Server 2016.
- Understand Just Enough Administration
- Manage servers with PowerShell Direct
Skill Me Up subscriptions include unlimited access to on-demand courses with live lab lab environments with our Real Time Labs feature for hands-on lab access.
- Access to Real Time Lab environments and lab guides
- Course Completion Certificates when you pass assessments
- MUCH MORE!