In this lab, you will gain hands-on experience building and deploying an enterprise web application in Azure by building a simple event management application written in ASP.NET MVC that uses Azure Web Apps, SQL Database, Azure Active Directory and Redis Cache.
- Understand how to deploy and configure an Azure SQL Database
- Understand how to deploy and configure Azure Web Apps
- How to use Azure Redis Cache to enhance the performance of your web app
- How to authenticate against an Azure Active Directory tenant
- An introduction to connecting and querying Azure AD using Graph API
- An introduction to using streaming logs with Azure Web Apps
- Microsoft Azure Subscription
- Familiarity with Visual Studio
In this exercise, you will first create a new global admin account for your Azure AD and then add users to your Azure AD tenant using a PowerShell script.
In this exercise, you will create a web application that will leverage the SQL Database that you created earlier. You will then configure authentication with Azure AD, and write code to query the Azure AD Graph API.
In this exercise, you will configure Redis Cache for your web application deployed in Azure.