In this lab, you will learn the foundations of deploying and configuring virtual machines in Microsoft Azure. You will configure a web farm using availability sets, load balancing, and virtual machine extensions to deploy a web app as well as deploy and configure a SQL Server for the web application database.
- Provision a virtual machine using the Azure Management Portal
- Provision a virtual machine using Azure PowerShell
- Setup virtual machines for high availability with availability sets
- Custom a virtual machine’s guest operating system using virtual machine extensions
- Setup the load balancer to distribute traffic between multiple virtual machines
- Understand the basics of network security groups and public/private IP addresses
In this exercise, you will create a Virtual Machine in Azure that will be used to complete the exercises in this lab.
In this exercise, you will create a virtual network that will be used for several of the exercises in this hands-on lab. You will then create a virtual machine and specify the virtual network configuration and the availability set configuration along with storage for the virtual machine.
In this exercise, you will configure a PowerShell script that will deploy a second virtual machine in the same availability set as the first virtual machine for a second web server. The script will also deploy a virtual machine using a SQL Server image that will later be used to host a database.