Deploying OSS Workloads for CI/CD with Azure, Jenkins and GitHub
2 h 45 m
In this hands-on lab, you will deploy an app to an Azure Web App (Linux) and Azure Database for MySQL from a repository in GitHub. From there, you will deploy a Jenkins server and setup continuous integration, delivery and deployment with the newly deployed web app.
- How to deploy a Linux-based Web App on Azure Web Apps from GitHub
- How to use Azure Database for MySQL
- Deploy Jenkins in Azure
- Configure Git and Jenkins for continuous integration, delivery and deployment
- Familiarity with Linux and open source technologies
- Familiarity Azure
- Basic understanding of source control systems and continuous integration and deployment concepts
In this exercise, you will deploy the web application and database to Azure using Azure App Service and Azure Database for MySQL. The first steps will be to build the MySQL DB and then import the data using MySQL Workbench. Then, you will create the Azure Web App and connect it to GitHub to download the app using a Docker Container with PHP 7.0.
In this exercise, you will use the forked GitHub repository from the previous exercise and clone it locally so that you can configure your web app.
In this exercise, you will configure a Jenkins server in Azure and leverage it along with Git to setup continuous integration & delivery of your Web Application. You will be pulling source code from a GitHub repository and configuring Jenkins to build and deploy the code to your Staging slot before it is pushed to production (manually).