SQL Server Deployment and Configuration on Azure IaaS
2 h 10 m
In this lab, you learn about deploying SQL Server on Azure virtual machines. This lab will walk you through some common setup and configuration tasks for running SQL Server in Azure infrastructure as a service.
- How to deploy SQL Server in Azure infrastructure as a service.
- How to configure alerts for SQL Server running on Azure virtual machines.
- How to leverage local host SSD storage with a SQL Server virtual machine.
- How to configure additional virtual machine storage.
- A basic understanding of Azure Infrastructure as a Service
In this exercise, you will create a SQL Server virtual machine following best practices for virtual machine configuration in Azure. You will also preconfigure your SQL Server with additional storage and automatic patching.
In this exercise, you will enable diagnostics and alerts for your SQL Server virtual machine.
In this exercise, you will configure your SQL Server to use the local SSD disk for tempdb. You will start by configuring SQL Server tempdb to use the local temporary drive on your VM. You will then configure a Windows scheduled task to create the folder structure and start SQL when Windows starts. Finally, you will validate your configuration
In the next exercise, you will create a Premium Storage account. You will then create and attach two new data disks from the Premium Storage account. Finally, you will configure the two disks using Windows Storage Spaces to prepare them for use with SQL Server.